[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] delete members: small proposal

Yuppie schubbe at web.de
Wed Sep 10 18:32:01 EDT 2003

Hi!

Chris Withers wrote:

> Yuppie wrote:
>
>>> I think it would also be good to have an API for the following
>>> operations:
>>>
>>> - transfer ownership of all objects owned by a specific user to a new
>>> owner
>>>
>>> - delete all objects owned by a specific user
>>

>> I don't like to add any code that supports the concept of executable
>> ownership of content objects.
>

> Sam's suggestions don't do that, and I do think they are useful :-)
> Many people care about who is responsible for a piece of content, and
> the Owner seems the logical way to track that...

I also care about responsibilities. But to me the Owner Role seems the
logical place for tracking that.

Ownership is limited to one person. changeOwnership() isn't accessable
TTW by default. Ownership without the Owner Role doesn't make much
sense, but the Owner Role without Ownership does.

If there would be a consensus that the Owner Role is the place to store
responsibilities, it might make sense to add an option for transfering
the Owner Role to an other user before deleting the user.

>>> - delete all local roles for a specific user
>>

>> I forgot about this. I guess these should be removed by default.
>

> Would be good to have an option though...

You can disable it with delete_localroles=0 .

Cheers,
	Yuppie