[Zope-CMF] Wondering about catalog tool bloat

Alec Mitchell apm13 at columbia.edu
Fri Apr 16 16:44:56 EDT 2004

It seems to me that the default CMF catalog tool is a bit bloated.  My main
concern is that FieldIndexes are used for Date, created, effective, modified,
start, and end (the last two created by CMFCalendar), when they should
probably all be DateIndexes.  Plone has already made some of these changes,
but it would be nice to have it in the CMF itself.  Also, what is the purpose
of the metadata redundancy between ModificationDate and modified or Date and
CreationDate (which are also redundant in the indexes)?

Thanks,
Alec Mitchell