[Zope-CMF] Pointer on object editing in Zope/CMF PhotoAlbum

Peter Fraterdeus peterf at semiotx.com
Mon Apr 19 10:34:17 EDT 2004

Please forgive my utter cluelessness here.
I've just started developing a site (http://www.galenaphotos.com) with Plone, using the CMF PhotoAlbum

My question has to do with a limitation of the PhotoAlbum edit view, which is that there's no way to edit the description once the album has been created.  In fact, there's very little in terms of editing interface!

So, the only way I can change that description is actually to make a new PhotoAlbum, cut all the photos from the old one, and paste them in the new.

However, would there not be a way to use a python snippet to alter the description property of the Album?  If so (and this is where my cluelessness shows fully) how and where can I implement such a 'one-liner' script? Or better, how does one begin to fix PhotoAlbum so it actually exposes the same properties for editing that it does at instantiation?

TIA
Peter

Peter Fraterdeus        http://www.fraterdeus.com

http://www.semiotx.com 	Web Strategy Consulting
"Words that work."(tm)  Communication Design and Typography