[Zope-CMF] Re: running the CMF unit tests

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Wed Aug 4 08:08:26 EDT 2004

Gregoire Weber wrote:
>>After checking in a small fix for __init__.py this also works.
>
> Why have "own" imports to be relative in __init__.py?

That was not the point.

   from Products.CMFUid import UniqueIdGeneratorTool

should also work. But using

   import Products.CMFUid.UniqueIdGeneratorTool

and accessing 'UniqueIdGeneratorTool' without 'Products.CMFUid.' in
front of it caused trouble (and I still don't understand why this worked
at all).

>>There are still 10 CMFSetup tests failing.
>

> with 'all_cmf_tests.py'
>
>    Ran 741 tests in 17.906s
>    OK
>
> with 'testrunner.py':
>
>    Ran 755 tests in 17.093s
>    FAILED (failures=10, errors=11)
>
> directly in CMFSetup ('testrunner.py'):
>
>   Ran 300 tests in 2.453s
>    FAILED (failures=10, errors=11)

testrunner.py is deprecated and does sometimes strange things. Use
test.py instead!

> Are they not covered by 'all_cmf_tests.py'?

They are covered, but test.py / testrunner.py runs them from a different
location, so the results can be different.

> Somehow confusing: 755 - 741 = 14 but != 21 (10+11)

Don't know.

Cheers, Yuppie