[Zope-CMF] Re: CMF 1.5 beta coming -- last call before feature freeze!

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Thu Aug 5 14:20:16 EDT 2004

Hi!

Tres Seaver wrote:
> yuppie wrote:
>> I don't have a new feature, but there are some small issues I'd like
>> to see resolved before the release:
>>
>> - mark getActionById() as deprecated / add a warning
>>   (after converting topic_addSubtopic.py and if there are no objections)
>

> I don't recall the issues here.

1.) Like _getViewFor(), getActionById() is a relict of the old type
actions. The way it extracts methods from url expressions does not work
with all Actions.

2.) 'id' is not unique.

3.) getActionInfo() should be a good replacement, at least in most
cases. topic_addSubtopic.py is the last place where getActionById() is
used in the ZPT skin.

> Here is my summary on those issues:
>
>   #1:     Should be able to steal UI from the "Configured CMF Site" bit
>           (I added the underlying machinery in order to support that).
>
>   #2:     Done.

Well. There is a new 'Comparison' tab and I really like it. But the
'Snapshots' tab has still an unimplemented 'Compare Snapshots' button.

I guess it can be removed.

>   #3, 4:  I think yuppie fixed these.

Most of it. I'll fix the rest today.

>   #5:     Its a bug, but need not block the beta.

Two bugs. I'll fix the rolemap bug today. The other bug is that the
import of workflow bindings fails. But I agree that this needs not block
the beta.

>   #6:     The page templates we are using need to be CR-free.  We may
>           need to change the mechanism we use for building the Windows
>           release binary, such that it checks the sources out and
>           zips them on a Windows system (I can't do that easily myself).

At least everything seems to work with mixed newlines.

>   #7:     I can't fix it, as I don't run Windows.

This is closely related to #6.

>> Could you please add a "CMFSetup" Topic ("CMFCalendar" is also
>> missing) to the collector? I'd like to add the issues that are not
>> fixed within the next days to the collector.
>
> OK, done.

Thanks!

Cheers,
	Yuppie