[Zope-CMF] Re: CMF 1.5 beta coming -- last call before feature freeze!

Gregoire Weber gregweb at gmx.ch
Fri Aug 6 13:13:41 EDT 2004

Hi Tonico,

>  * Why not place this script in a skin folder?
>
>  * I prefer '/resolve/565432' over '/resolve?id=565432'

To do '/resolve/1234' I think it's necessary to intercept
__bobo_traverse__ (or something similar). So it'll be necessary
to make a own content type.

'/resolve?id=565432' is not really an option for me.

>  * It would also be nice to create an archive.
>
>    URL to the archived object:
>
>      '/archive/2004/12/03/565746'
>
>    Maybe this should work to?
>
>      '/archive/2004/12/03/565746/document_edit_form'
>
>    The following URL should return a result from the
>    catalog for the given date:
>
>      '/archive/2004/12/'
>      '/archive/2004/dec/ (depending on the locale)
>
>The best URL for permanent links would be
>
>  '/archive/2004/dec/03/an-interesting-article-about-cmf'
>
>because it is better understandable and contains keywords for search-engines, IMHO.

IMHO that's entirely another scope. The whole thing isn't about
*archiving* (which helps resolving also) it's only about *resolving*
possibly moved articles, images, files, etc.

Your ideas are fine but they supose the site has strong article/news
semantics.

>>   2) and adding a permanent link information at the bottom (or somewhere       else) of the main template?
>
>I think this makes sense for contentish objects.

Hmmm? Why?

Gregoire