[Zope-CMF] Re: CMF 1.5 beta coming -- last call before feature freeze!

Tonico Strasser contact_tonico at yahoo.de
Fri Aug 6 16:43:22 EDT 2004

Gregoire Weber wrote:
> The next time he visits the link he gets redirected to the
> original location.
>
> Ok?

I belive that redirecting is not in the spirit of permalinks.

Recommended reading:

Cool URIs don't change (TBL)
<http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI>

>>>  3+4) return/redirect to the view method or to the bare object?
>>>       Resulting in http://example.com/permalink/1234 or
>>>       http://example.com/permalink/1234/view or ...
>>
>>Should be the view method I guess, yes.
>

> I personnally don't like the 'view' appendage but it is necessary for
> images and files at least.

I've written an 'archive' script, this is how I return the view of the
object:

   [...]

   o = o = brain.getObject()

   [...]

   type = brain.Type
   method = ttool[type].getActionById('view')

   [...]

   method = getattr(o, method)
   return method()

Tonico