[Zope-CMF] Re: CMF 1.5 beta coming -- last call before feature freeze!

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Sat Aug 7 09:22:45 EDT 2004

On Aug 7, 2004, at 14:48, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Gregoire Weber wrote at 2004-8-6 19:47 +0200:
>> ... redirecting from link ...
>>>
>>> Don't know.
>>
>> Does somebody know?
>
> I am not completely sure, but I think search engines should
> handle redirects without problem.

Quoting from Google's own information:

<snip>
Finally, if your old URLs redirect to your new site using HTTP 301
(permanent) redirects, our crawler will know to use the new URL.
Changes made in this way will take 6-8 weeks to be reflected in Google.
</snip>

So it looks like the googlebot *will* react correctly to 301-style