[Zope-CMF] Re: CMF 1.5 beta coming -- last call before feature freeze!

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Mon Aug 9 07:15:39 EDT 2004

Hi!

Gregoire Weber wrote:
>>I belive that redirecting is not in the spirit of permalinks.
>>
>>Recommended reading:
>>
>>Cool URIs don't change (TBL)
>><http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI>
>

> Well, this was a compromise reading Florents arguments.
> For the beta I'll implement cool URIs.
>
> Reasons:
>
>    - they're cool
>    - I'm lazy  == it's easier to implement
>    - Florent will surely be able to alter the behaviour for his customers
>   - it's late in the evening and it gets even later and I don't have time
>      till next wednesday evening when the beta happened
>   - those objecting may change the code while I'll not be able to change
>      it back :-)

I had a closer look at the permalink stuff. And I don't think this idea
is mature enough to ship permalinks with CMF 1.5.

Combined with a centralized content repository they make more sense.

- Implementing permalinks as aliases causes a lot of problems:

   o  do search engines index both locations?

   o  do relative links work?

   o  is the navigation consistent?

>>I've written an 'archive' script, this is how I return the view of the object:
>>
>> o = brain.getObject()
>> type = brain.Type
>> method = ttool[type].getActionById('view')
>> method = getattr(o, method)
>> return method()
>
> Thanks! This way I don't have to think on my own about it!

This is the old way to do it. The CMF 1.5 way looks like this:

ti = obj.getTypeInfo()
method = ti.getMethodPath('view')[0]

And BTW: tal:on-error is a bare except!

Cheers,