[Zope-CMF] Re: CMF 1.5 beta coming -- last call before feature freeze!

"Grégoire Weber" gregweb at gmx.ch
Mon Aug 9 09:09:30 EDT 2004

Hi Yvo,

> I had a closer look at the permalink stuff. And I don't think this idea
> is mature enough to ship permalinks with CMF 1.5.

> Combined with a centralized content repository they make more sense.
>
> - Implementing permalinks as aliases causes a lot of problems:
>
>    o  do search engines index both locations?
>
>    o  do relative links work?
>
>    o  is the navigation consistent?

I know. I'd liked to expose the unique id functionality a little bit.
That's why I introduced the permalink feature. The question is if this
is the right name.

> This is the old way to do it. The CMF 1.5 way looks like this:

> ti = obj.getTypeInfo()
> method = ti.getMethodPath('view')[0]

ok

> And BTW: tal:on-error is a bare except!

I know and I don't like it neither. It's to catch exceptions
if someone did not to install CMFUid.

How to proceed? Shall the changes be reverted? I personally
would like people to see the new functionality.

I'm here on a modem. I'll check e-mail at 20:00 (european time).
I can act if I hear something till then!

Gregoire