[Zope-CMF] Customising the CMF

ben.j.dawson at gsk.com ben.j.dawson at gsk.com
Tue Aug 10 05:23:37 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I'm a complete newbie to Zope and CMF, so please bear with me...

I'm trying to design a content management site as part of a work project
which can be used by my colleagues to collaborate with each other and to
share documents over our Intranet site.

I'm planning on using the CMF and customising it so that it suits our
needs and so far I've been very impressed with what it has to offer.

As part of the design, I need to give all users access to a global folder
and also enable individual users to grant access to their own folders and
documents to other users of their choice. I also need to add all kinds of
other functionality to it, such as making the system send an email to
certain people when a user adds a document to the site as well as having
several forums.

Is this going to be a possibility with the CMF? Could anyone point me in
the direction of documentation that explains how I can customise the CMF
to our needs? I've read ZWACK chapter 5 at the CMF Dogbowl which is good,
but doesn't really go into enough detail for what I require. I've never
touched DTML or Python before, but I'm assuming it would be important to
learn these?

Any pointers would be appreciated. Cheers,

Ben