[Zope-CMF] Re: CMF 1.5 migration issues (was: [dev] After the goldrush....)

Dmitry S. Makovey dmitry at athabascau.ca
Mon Aug 16 18:10:19 EDT 2004

On August 16, 2004 11:27 am, yuppie wrote:
> I'm interested. Maybe the backwards compatibility can be improved with
> some small changes.

Ok, basicaly I did try to run Plone as the base for the rest of application
which involves using all the required apps like QuickInstaller, Formulator
etc.
Formulator used in Products/Formulator/FSForm.py:

from Products.CMFCore.DirectoryView import expandpath

instead of

from Products.CMFCore.utils import expandpath

Plone gives an error:
  File
"/home/dimon/Zope27/instances/cmf_beta/Products/CMFPlone/ActionsTool.py",
line 68, in listFilteredAct
ionsFor
    self._listActions(append,provider,info,ec)
AttributeError: _listActions

which means that really Plone used part of non-public interface and that
should be fixed there (in Plone that is).
I cheated a bit re-adding _listActions from 1.4.7 which gave me next:

    *  Module Products.CMFCore.ActionsTool, line 265, in _listActions
    * Module Products.CMFCore.ActionInformation, line 228, in testCondition
    * Module Products.CMFCore.Expression, line 44, in __call__
    * Module Products.PageTemplates.ZRPythonExpr, line 47, in __call__
      __traceback_info__: member and portal.portal_membership.getHomeFolder()
    * Module Python expression "member and
portal.portal_membership.getHomeFolder()", line 1, in <expression>
    * Module Products.CMFDefault.MembershipTool, line 279, in getHomeFolder
    * Module Products.BTreeFolder2.BTreeFolder2, line 197, in _getOb

KeyError: 'dimon'

which meant that I didn't have member folder created for me (?) manualy
creating folder fixed problem.

Can't remember if I changed more stuff but the rest (at least visualy) appears
to work. Although tests are not that bright:

Ran 515 tests in 66.744s

FAILED (failures=11, errors=8)

I can give you full traceback privately to save list's bandwidth.

- --
Dmitry Makovey
Web Systems Administrator
Athabasca University