[Zope-CMF] Re: More unit test questions

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Fri Aug 20 12:42:47 EDT 2004

Lennart Regebro wrote:

>> OK, I got test.py running. But if I run
>>    bin/python test.py Products
>> it will happily try to run the tests in all products. But if I type
>>    bin/python test.py Products/Productname
>> It will find no tests at all.
>>    bin/python test.py Products/Productname/tests
>> is no better.
>

> Mööp! I was wrong. In fact, I have so far been completely unable to run
> any unit tests outside of lib/python with test.py.
>
> Running "bin/python test.py Products" will run all tests in
> lib/python/Products. Hardly obvious I must say...

The easiest way is to run test.py from within zopectl. This way you
don't have to care about Zope configuration.

test.py --help shows you the available options.

These work for me on linux:

$ path/to/zopectl run path/to/test.py --libdir path/to/Products -v
$ path/to/zopectl run path/to/test.py --libdir path/to/Products/CMFCore -v

HTH, Yuppie