[Zope-CMF] Re: Permalinks in CMF 1.5 (CMFDefault)

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Tue Aug 24 03:28:09 EDT 2004

Hi!

Gregoire Weber wrote:
>>Adding UID based aliases for content items introduced many problems. As long as these issues are not resolved I don't like to have permalinks in the 'Basic' skin.
>
> Ok, I could aggree. What about puting logic into a PyScript and
> circumvent the tal:on-error hack?

Not sure I understand what you propose. With "introduced problems" I
don't mean the implementation details, but issues like broken relative
links and confusing navigation.

>>But what about adding a second ZPT skin? I think the DTML skins should be removed after CMF 1.5. If people agree, we would anyway need another ZPT skin to show the skin switching feature. An 'Experimental' skin that shows some concepts that aren't mature or don't fit into the 'Basic' skin could be quite useful.
>
> Could CMFUrlSkinSwitcher be a candidate or a base of your
> "skins switcher feature"?

It seems I wasn't clear enough. I just meant the already built in ways
to switch skins. If we remove the DTML skins, there is only one skin left.

So all I was talking about is:
- adding a new skin folder with the 2 files you modified
- adding a new skin in setupDefaultSkins

> Another question: Who is currently *really* using the CMFDefault skin?

Me ;)

If you don't need a sexy and feature loaded community site, CMFDefault
has some advantages over CPS or Plone:

- it's leaner and faster
- it depends only on Zope
- it has a more flexible license

And last but not least: It's easier to work on the CMF if you use it.

Cheers,
	Yuppie