[Zope-CMF] Bug with CMFUid content when copied indirectly and some confusion.

Gregoire Weber gregweb at gmx.ch
Wed Aug 25 05:49:47 EDT 2004

Hi Tim,

At 16:45 25.08.2004 +0800, Tim Hoffman wrote:
>Hi Gregoire
>
>Thanks, I missed the significance of opaqueValues in CatalogAware.
>Nice method.
>
>Whilst I am at I have one more question. How come Portal Folders don't get
>Uids ?

There are two reasons

- Can you answer me the question what the view of a folder is?
  An example:

      1. t=0: just added a folder 'fol'. The view is 'folder_view'.
              Added uid 1 to 'fol'.
              --> searching the folder by uid 1 returns .../fol showing
                  .../fol/folder_view
      2. t=1: add a 'index_html' to 'fol'. The view is now the view
              of 'index_html'.
              Added uid 2 to 'index_html'.
              --> searching the folder by uid 1 returns .../fol showing
                  .../fol/index_html/document_view (showing a permalink
                  with uid 2)

      So probably the uid of 'fol' has to be deleted at the moment a
      'index_html' gets added while the uid of 'index_html' has to be
      set to 1. Upon deleting of 'index_html' the folder has to be
      given back the uid of 1.

      arrghhh! See it?

- There was a problem because folders could not be called. This prevented
  adding uids the way it is done currently.
  (there isn't a problem adding uids to folders at all, but it was a problem
   doing this from the template, sorry I don't remember anymore exactly).
   With the reason above I decided that folders do not have permanent urls.

Additional note:

   Probably the permalinks will go away in the final CMF 1.5. There are some
   additional objections on the list concerning permanent links how they're
   done currently. The feature isn't thought through enough as it seems.

Gregoire