[Zope-CMF] sluggish images in CMF?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Dec 3 09:18:06 EST 2004

Dieter Maurer wrote:
>>A CMF 1.5 site I'm working on seems to be suffering from sluggish images
>>(and maybe overall sluggish performanc :-S)
>
> Maybe the still not fixed problem on Windows with
> "debug-mode on"?
>
> You know we had a lengthy discussion about a year ago.
> This problem should have been fixed ages ago!

Are there any open collector issues for this?

I think the stuff we were talking about has been resolved, since there's
only one use of os.platform now, and I'm pretty sure it needs to be there...

> If the image is small, sending the "not modified" response
> takes as much time than delivering the image itself.
> It should be in the order of a few ms.

Indeed. I made things a lot better by turning the security policy back
to the C implementation. I've also noticed that the real slowness only
comes when I hit the reload button on IE or Mozilla, without any Ctrl or
Alt modifiers. Why would this cause all the images to reload?

I feel like I'm missing something simple that I should sort out before I
start profiling...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk