[Zope-CMF] CMF or Plone Applications?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sat Dec 18 14:25:15 EST 2004

David Pratt wrote at 2004-12-17 15:05 -0400:
>Maybe good ZPL-tableless Skin with simple portlet mechanism is all that
>I need to keep everything within the bounds of the ZPL and CMF both.
>Are there any efforts in this direction or would I be on my own with
>this.
>
>The question is really one of making the leap. I guess this would mean
>a mechanism to display portlets, new portlet templates, and a bunch of
>templating to remove alot of the tables from the ZPT default templates
>and using GRUF.  What else would be missing?  Is this a bit insane?

It probably is not insane but a bit of work...

I think there is a single person actively working on CMF
(Yuppie) and he is more concerned about the framework (CMFCore) rather
than the templates in CMFDefault.

We are using CMF extensively (and avoid Plone because of its GPL license)
but only the framework.

--
Dieter