Skin caching (was [Zope-CMF] CMF or Plone Applications?)

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Sun Dec 19 18:53:49 EST 2004

It's possible to put a .metadata file in your skins dir for each css
file, e.g. "layout.css.metadata" and include something like this in it:

[default]
cache=an_http_cache_manager

If "an_http_cache_manager" object exists anywhere in the acquisition
path of the skin when it's accessed, and is an instance of an
"Accelerated HTTP Cache Manager", your object will be served up with
caching headers defined by its policies.