[Zope-CMF] Re: Custom workflow behaviour with DC Workflow

Gitte Wange gitte at mmmanager.org
Sun Feb 15 16:54:36 EST 2004

On Sunday 15 February 2004 22:38, yuppie <yuppie
<y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de>> wrote:
> Gitte Wange wrote:
> > I'm trying to create a workflow with a different behaviour than
> > usual. This workflow will have a 'visible' state. When an object is
> > in the visible state, it should show up for Anonymous Users and
> > Members when doing a catalog query. But when an Anonymous User
> > click's the link to the visible object, the user shouldn't be
> > allowed to view the object.
> >
> > How to achieve this behaviour? Have tried to give Anonymous User
> > the 'Access contents information' permission in the visible state
> > but not the 'View' permission - this didn't work :-(
>
> This behavior is hardcoded in CatalogTool. I guess your only chance
> to customize this behavior is to use your own subclassed CatalogTool.
> Modify _listAllowedRolesAndUsers or allowedRolesAndUsers.
>
> HTH, Yuppie

Thanks - that's what I thought.
Well I think the function is already subclassed in my setup (using
PluggableUserFolder) so that shouldn't be to hard. Except that it's not
always the behaviour one wants.
Hmmm ... I guess the best thing to do would be to allow an optional
permission parameter in these queries (defaulting to the 'View'
permission as it is now) making it possible to do all sorts of queries.
Does that sound like a good idea?

I could supply a patch to the CatalogTool if you would like ...

Greetings,
Gitte Wange