[Zope-CMF] Tale of Four Web Sites

bob barter BOB.BARTER at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 18 01:20:11 EST 2004

I understand the strategy of waiting until 2.1 to optimize.

What do you recommend that a mere mortal like myself do
until then?

I suppose that I can drop back to 1.0.5 :(

I can do server side tests on "anonymous user" and not send the
javascript
to the client?  Or, send empty functions o catch things like
onmouseover
events? I can see this getting real ugly.

Is there a security mechanism that I should be using?

Thnaks,
Bob
-------------
>>> Site 4: 170Kbytes, three tabs, left and right columns, one logo,
>>> close to ⌠out of the box, my site.
>>>
>> This looks exactly as Plone 2.0 :)  It seems like Plone
authors switched
>> to adsl from dialup before making Plone 2 :) No one cares
about download
>> size anymore

>We do, just not during the development process, when it's easily
fixed
>later.

> Look at this (this is files from one of Plone 2 betas, current
sizes may
> differ):

>Thanks for the size summary, I'm looking into this tonight.

>> Throw away inplace calendar (the one used to set
effective/expiration
>> dates) and you get 30K+ of savings. No one uses it anyway.

>The plan is to only call it on the pages that involve the calendar.

>> And something need to be done with that huge css file... Any
ideas?

>Enable mod_gzip on your server. :)

>There's quite a lot of size optimizations that you can do, but
they aren't
>a priority for 2.0. In 2.1 and later releases, we will start
fixing this.