[Zope-CMF] Tale of Four Web Sites

Jeffrey P Shell jeff at bottlerocket.net
Thu Feb 19 16:48:11 EST 2004

On Feb 19, 2004, at 10:52 AM, alan runyan wrote:

>> I did that, but theres also a large number of requests that dont need
>> to be done. If there's less to gzip its just smaller.
>
> oh right.. limi removed like 15 requests or something.  also
> optionally including the calendar.js is a huge one.
> It was loaded up on each page.  One of problems I've seen in IE w/
> Plone is that we are using .css for
> <li>'s and IE does not cache these.  So you can see linkIcon.gif (or
> something like that) being called
> 7 or 8 times per page.  Its quite bizarre.

IE still has that problem?  I remember being bitten by that quite a few
years ago, and removed my custom <li> bullets completely since they
always showed up late and caused text to 'jump' when they loaded (since
they changed the line height a bit).  :\

The issue doesn't seem to be as bad now as it was then, but I'm
surprised they haven't done better.

--
Jeffrey P Shell
jeff at bottlerocket.net