[Zope-CMF] CMF 1.5 roadmap?

Lennart Regebro regebro at nuxeo.com
Wed Feb 25 07:21:00 EST 2004

Warning/Disclaimer: Personal opinions to follow.

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 12:41:14PM -0500, Chris McDonough wrote:

>d) I'd like to see people rally around CMF rather than balkanizing into
>smaller groups.

I totally agree.

>- CPS Schema is a competitor,

No, it's a dynamic implementation of the same idea that Archetypes
implements by code generation. I find this superior, for several reasons
I could go into if you like. :)

I think it would be better to look into merging CPS Schemas and
Archetypes before putting it into the core (assuming that is possible,
but I think it is). I wish I had more time to look into archetypes so I
could get a better idea of how to progress on getting something good
from this. But I haven't, unfortunately.

 > PortalTransforms, an UID tool and the references
 > machinery into CMF 1.5.
 > DC Workflow instead of DefaultWorkflow

Totally +1

I don't mind about new skins either, if somebody thinks it's worth the
effort.