[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] CMF 1.5 roadmap?

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at awkly.org
Wed Feb 25 13:36:13 EST 2004

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 07:16:37PM +0100, yuppie wrote:
| Sidnei da Silva wrote:
| >|
| >| I hope we can do without CMFFormController.
| >
| >Why not CMFFormController? IMHO, it is essential.
|
| It adds a lot of complexity:
| portal_form_controller, ControllerPageTemplates,
| ControllerPythonScripts, ControllerValidators and FormActions.
|
| We can do the same things using default PageTemplates, PythonScripts and
| Actions if we are willing to write some additional lines of code.
|
| Of course I might be missing something - I don't know CMFFormController
| very well.

Possibly :)

The nice thing, IMHO, is that you don't need to modify any python
code, or actions, or page templates in order to modify the destination
when you submit forms. The (default) configuration is done in
.metadata files, and can be changed TTW on a very nicely and
well-commented UI. You can also have 'chains' of validators, which
makes it a snap to have highly-reusable validation. Of course there's
much more to it, but this is just to give an idea.

FYI, Jim had asked a couple mounts ago about CMFFormController, and
there's a high probability that this is going to land in z3 sometime
in the future.

--
Sidnei da Silva <sidnei at awkly.org>
http://awkly.org - dreamcatching :: making your dreams come true

Time sharing: The use of many people by the computer.