[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] CMF 1.5 roadmap?

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Thu Feb 26 13:07:17 EST 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 11:03:55 -0500, Tres Seaver <tseaver at zope.com> wrote:

> My ambitions for the release have waxed and waned.  At this point, I
> would like to include CMFActionIcons in the release, and add an
> Epoz-friendly skin which uses both action icons and Epoz.  I haven't
> thought about collector issues.

Just out of curiousity - what is the rationale behind CMFActionIcons?
Shouldn't the default actions be extended to be able to have an image
property instead of tacking it on with an additional tool like this?

There are quite a few extensions that would be useful to the current
concept of actions, especially with regards to the UI side - for example,
having a Description attribute is a must to be able to produce a helpful
UI using actions - in my opinion.

Disclaimer: I'm not a coder, but you know that - so feel free to explain
me why this would make the CMF slow and/or bloated and/or be impossible. ;)

  Alexander Limi   ·   Interaction Architect   ·   Plone Solutions

  Development · Training · Support · http://www.plonesolutions.com

  Plone Co-Founder   ·   http://plone.org   ·   Connecting Content

      高联合  ·  アレクサンダー リミ  ·  이미짱  ·  อเล็กซานเดอร์ ลีม