[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] CMF 1.5 roadmap?

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Thu Feb 26 15:15:18 EST 2004

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:31:30 -0500, Tres Seaver <tseaver at zope.com> wrote:

> CMFActionIcons are built around the notion that icons should *not* be a
> property of individual actions;  the site admin should be able to define
> icons for "logical" actions, based on category+action ID, and have them
> applied sitewide.  So, for instance, the 'object+edit' action should
> have a consistent icon, no matter what content type you are dealing with.

OK, I didn't know this. The README.txt is a bit lacking. ;)

> Funny that you are asking, as I had a request to release CMFActionIcons
> so that Plone 2 could use it. :)  Originally, it was an "unreleased CVS
> orphan", extracted from the Boston.com CMS.

Yes. :)

Would just be nice to have a release now that we're depending on it. I'm
not questioning its existance if it has a valid reason to be a separate
tool, I just thought it seemed like something that would belong in
portal_actions.

Any chance of a Description field for Actions anytime soon, though? :)

I also think Geoff Davis had some ideas on useful additions to actions,
but I can't recall what he proposed off-hand. CC'ing him, maybe he
remembers. :)

  Alexander Limi   ·   Interaction Architect   ·   Plone Solutions

  Development · Training · Support · http://www.plonesolutions.com

  Plone Co-Founder   ·   http://plone.org   ·   Connecting Content

      高联合  ·  アレクサンダー リミ  ·  이미짱  ·  อเล็กซานเดอร์ ลีม