[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] CMF 1.5 roadmap?

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Thu Feb 26 15:19:07 EST 2004

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:58:08 +0100, yuppie <y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de>
wrote:

>>  I'm pretty sure that CMFCore no longer has dependencies on CMFDefault.
>> Yuppie helped root out the last of those prior to 1.4 (I think).
>
> Right. But Limi was talking about the CMF Core, not CMFCore.
>
> Many features Plone depends on and I would call core features live in
> CMFDefault.

Correct. I'm not saying we could ship less of it with Plone 2.0 (we are
still using the content types ++), or that it's the main reason for this -
I'm just saying maybe it would highlight the framework architecture of CMF
as opposed to CMFDefault.

But it's not a big deal, I'm just curious what came of the discussions
since the last time I was active on the list. We are probably getting rid
of most of the CMFDefault usage along the way in the 2.x series of Plone,
but it won't happen overnight.

  Alexander Limi   ·   Interaction Architect   ·   Plone Solutions

  Development · Training · Support · http://www.plonesolutions.com

  Plone Co-Founder   ·   http://plone.org   ·   Connecting Content

      高联合  ·  アレクサンダー リミ  ·  이미짱  ·  อเล็กซานเดอร์ ลีม