[Zope-CMF] two miscellaneous TAL errors

jesse sanford echo at monkeywrench.cx
Fri Feb 27 20:47:15 EST 2004

Hello,

Recently I've been having several different errors crop up in the ZPT
TAL module.  I'm using 1.5.0 with current Plone and Zope.  I see on the
old ZPT wiki FrontPage mention of other TAL implementations -- would I
have better luck with a different one?  Or did PageTemplates 1.5.0
introduce incompatibilities with the i18n and CMF weblog products?  If
so, where can I find documentation on the differences and start
figuring out how to fix them?

Thanks for any suggestions.    jesse

Here's error #1:
accessing
http://www.freefamilies.org/Members/echo/index_html/portal_form/
document_edit_form

	• 	 Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 150, in publish_module
	• 	 Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 114, in publish
	• 	 Module Zope.App.startup, line 182, in zpublisher_exception_hook
	• 	 Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 98, in publish
	• 	 Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
	• 	 Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
	• 	 Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 252, in __call__
	• 	 Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 283, in _bindAndExec
	• 	 Module Products.CMFCore.FSPageTemplate, line 169, in _exec
	• 	 Module Products.PageTemplates.ZopePageTemplate, line 228, in _exec
	• 	 Module Products.CMFCore.FSPageTemplate, line 141, in pt_render
	• 	 Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplate, line 83, in pt_render
<FSPageTemplate at /freefamilies/free_families/document_edit_form used
for /freefamilies/free_families/Members/echo/index_html>
Warning: Compilation failed
Warning: TAL.TALDefs.TALError: bad TAL attribute: 'i18n:translate', at
line 97, column 25
PTRuntimeError: Page Template document_edit_form has errors. (Also, an
error occurred while attempting to render the standard error message

And error #2.  A CMF weblog problem.  This time we get the nicer Plone
error page instead of just the traceback above and the error makes it
into the error_log.  Looked for a CMF weblog mailing list or someplace
to post questions / problems about it but did not see one.
Suggestions?

While accessing http://www.freefamilies.org/Members/echo/weblog:

  Error Type

  PTRuntimeError
  Error Value

  Page Template weblog has errors.

Exception traceback

Time
2004/02/27 17:34:27.763 US/Pacific

User Name (User Id)
  echo (echo)

Request URL
http://www.freefamilies.org/Members/echo/weblog

Exception Type
PTRuntimeError

Exception Value
Page Template weblog has errors.

Traceback (innermost last):
	• 	 Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 98, in publish
	• 	 Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
	• 	 Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
	• 	 Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 252, in __call__
	• 	 Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 283, in _bindAndExec
	• 	 Module Products.CMFCore.FSPageTemplate, line 169, in _exec
	• 	 Module Products.PageTemplates.ZopePageTemplate, line 228, in _exec
	• 	 Module Products.CMFCore.FSPageTemplate, line 141, in pt_render
	• 	 Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplate, line 83, in pt_render
<FSPageTemplate at /freefamilies/free_families/weblog used for
/freefamilies/free_families/Members/echo>
Warning: Compilation failed
Warning: TAL.TALDefs.TALError: $ must be doubled or followed by a
simple path in expression "string:@import
'${here/weblog_css.css/absolute_url}';;", at line 7, column 5
PTRuntimeError: Page Template weblog has errors.