[Zope-CMF] Re: portal_metadata

Sylvain Thénault Sylvain.Thenault at logilab.fr
Thu Jan 15 09:24:27 EST 2004

On Thursday 15 January à 08:40, Tres Seaver wrote:
> Sylvain Thénault wrote:
>
> >I'm surprized that the portal_memberdata tool, which is provided since a
>
> I'm assuming that this is 'portal_metadata', in line with the subject.

oops, exact

> >long time with the CMF for now, doesn't seems to work at all. Actually,
> >the tool itself is working but there is no connection with the default
> >metadata implementation and so the metadata policy configured in the tool
> >is not taken in consideration at all. It seems that the only thing used is
> >the vocabulary of the Subject. For instance, no content type cares if I've
> >marked the Description element as required and an empty description is
> >given, nor if I've fixed the vocabulary of the Subject element and a not
> >listed word is provided.
> >
> >It doesn't seems to have a bug related to that in the collector. Am I
> >missing something ?
>
> The reason the policies aren't enforced by default is that many sites
> would differ about how and when to enforce them.  One site might want
> the transaction which attempted to save non-conforming values to fail,
> for instance, while another might allow the values to be saved (perhaps
> with a warning);  the second site might then check the constraints only
> before some workflow transition.

ok, thanks for the info !
It would be nice to have a way to inform the site administrator whether
settings are taken in consideration or not by its system.

Do you know any product which enforce metadata policies out of the box ?

regards
--
Sylvain Thénault                               LOGILAB, Paris (France).