[Zope-CMF] Re: [Zope] Staging CMFStaging PloneStaging et al

Gregoire Weber gregweb at gmx.ch
Mon Jan 19 11:51:35 EST 2004

(This thread originaly begun in the zope mailing list:
 <http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2004-January/145757.html>)

Hi Michael,

with the beginning of 2003/10/27 Shane from Zope.com has done some
changes in the CMFStaging code that have broken CMFEditions (begun
in spetember 2003 at the castle sprint).

Probably you encounter similar problems as PloneStaging probably
wasn't changed upon the CMFStaging changes.

The biggest probelm was that 'portal_versions.checkout(object)' returned
the object beeing checked out in a former version and now returns 'None'.

So search for calls like the following in the PLoneStaging code:

   object = portal_versions.checkout(object)
                           ^^^^^^^^^^----------- search for that pattern

2nd problem relies in manage_editStages that expects a title attribute
in the stage definition:

   portal_staging.manage_editStages(
      (
         StageDefinition('site', 'site', 'live stage'),
         StageDefinition('work', 'work', 'working stage'),
      )
   )

With

   class StageDefinition:
      """Helper class used for configuring stages
      """
      def __init__(self, name, path, title):
         self.name = name
         self.path = path
         self.title = title   # <-- new!

Hope that helps. I'm not sure if this is related to your LockError.

Please ask such questions on the zope-cmf list.

Gregoire