[Zope-CMF] Re: DBObjects and CMF

Gilles Lenfant glenfant at bigfoot.com
Mon Jan 26 13:54:06 EST 2004

news:20040126164544.GG16067 at central.boston.com...

http://www.zope.org/Members/srichter/Products/DBObjects )?
> Anyone using similar products? If so, how do they compare? I'm looking
> for some relational-to-object mapping code that will work nicely with
> my existing large-scale CMF instance.

You could have a test drive with Modeling too.

http://modeling.sourceforge.net/

Inspired from Apple's Enterprise Objects Framework (for Objective C and
Java) and adapted to Python and Zope by Sebastien Bigaret.

In my opinion, Modeling approach may be better and more "elegant" for
complex databases and complex logic because it provides an intermediate
abstraction layer between the database and the python persistent business
classes. But DBObjects is easier to play with for faster development with
simpler databases.

You may prefer what you want, this is just an opinion. I heard of other
solutions too. Google might help for this, I don't remember the names :)

--
Gilles