[Zope-CMF] Changes to content.talkback in CMFCore may break compatibility in old CMF products (not CMF!)

Gregoire Weber gregweb at gmx.ch
Thu Jan 29 11:45:24 EST 2004

Hi Aloys,

sorry the late answer, things go always slower as one may expect ...

>If I understaind well your message, I think I am in the dark side...

:-)

>Actually I use this line in my Plone site :
>
>content.talkback = Forum('talkback','Discussion')
>
>And Forum doesn't inherit from DiscussionItemContainer...
>I used it because I developped a custom discution forum product (a pretty good one...) and I decided to use it to make discussion with this product all over my site.
>What kind of workaround could you advice to keep compatibility with your changes?

Yes you would be hit by a such change. I'll think about that and
will inform you on the steps to perform.

It's not yet decided if the change mentioned will happen before CMF 1.5.

Did you distribute you discussion forum or is your product in use in
your sites only?

Gregoire

P.S.: After having done the change mentioned your manage_after*/before*
      wouldn't be called anymore if your 'Forum' class does not implement
      'ICallableOpaqueItemWithHooks' from Products.CMFCore.interfaces.IOpaqueItems.

      Caution! If you add an __implements__ = (ICallable...) to your 'Forum' class
      using the current CMF HEAD your manage_after*/before* will be called twice!

      So don't change anything for now, your compatible for now!