[Zope-CMF] Re: RFC: CMF 1.5 Release Plan

Kapil Thangavelu k_vertigo at objectrealms.net
Tue Jul 6 04:12:32 EDT 2004

On Jul 6, 2004, at 2:35 AM, yuppie wrote:

> Kapil Thangavelu wrote:
>> i have one concern/request for a cmf1.5 release, namely if the
>> CMFDefault/DublinCore default for expiration date can be changed to
>> something thats useable by the dateindexes.. like say 4.5k years
>> instead of 10k.
>> seem reasonable?
>
> Are you aware of this thread?
> <http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2004-March/020461.html>
>
> The only "advantage" 4.5k has over None is that we don't have to care
> about replacing existing FieldIndexes.
>
> Cheers, Yuppie

thanks for the list reference.

regardless of how its done something still needs to be done to allow
effective ;-) use of dateindexes.

i don't see any real advantage to None vs. a datetime instance as a
class var? unless your planning on your software lasting till 4.5k ;-)
seriously though, i'm not clear offhand the affect None would have on
the existing range queries. it sounds like your saying that this would
require installing dateindexes and migrating existing field indexes...
if so, considering the timetable, i would think a one line
change of the ceiling date definition would be less work...

cheers,

-kapil