[Zope-CMF] Re: RFC: CMF 1.5 Release Plan

Lennart Regebro regebro at nuxeo.com
Tue Jul 6 05:25:25 EDT 2004

Kapil Thangavelu wrote:
> i don't see any real advantage to None vs. a datetime instance as a
> class var? unless your planning on your software lasting till 4.5k ;-)
> seriously though, i'm not clear offhand the affect None would have on
> the existing range queries. it sounds like your saying that this would
> require installing dateindexes and migrating existing field indexes...
> if so, considering the timetable, i would think a one line
> change of the ceiling date definition would be less work...

Well... To me it seems like both things should be done. CELING_DATE
needs to be 3999 (Maybe I miscalculated, but I think 4500 is above what
it can handle to, I got it to 4208, or something), and we might try to
stop using it as well...

If we can't agree, we'll just have a IRC flamewar about it on Friday. ;)