[Zope-CMF] Re: RFC: CMF 1.5 Release Plan

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Tue Jul 6 10:14:07 EDT 2004

Gregoire wrote:
>>CPS does not have UIDs at the moment. The only kind of unique id it has
>>is the docid, which can reference all the versions (revisions) of a
>>single document. The couple (docid, revision) is unique and gives access
>>to a revision of a document in a central repository. But that's not the
>>UIDs you are envisionning I think.
>
> What's the docid exactly (the id of the object returned by zopes getId())?
> From your explanations it seems to me that the docid is somehow unique in
> a CPS instance? Right?

Yes, it's unique in a CPS instance, and it's the repository's job to
give you a free one when you create a new document from scratch. The
docid is basically a random integer, it has nothing to do with the
getId() of the object visible by the user.

When you have a proxy (which is the main kind of user-visible object in
CPS), you get its docid using proxy.getDocid().

Florent

+33 1 40 33 79 87  http://nuxeo.com  mailto:fg at nuxeo.com