[Zope-CMF] Retiring cmf.zope.org

Marc Lindahl marc at bowery.com
Fri Jul 16 11:40:35 EDT 2004

On Thursday, July 15, 2004, at 04:55  PM, Chris Withers wrote:

> Marc Lindahl wrote:
>> In some ways it should be... it is not very robust at all, I find.  It
>> needs work.
>
> Aha, are you volunteering?

Not yet... just putting it on the radar screen!

> I'd hypothesise you may find it a somewhat more difficult problem than
> you expect ;-)

I have some idea - I looked at the code when I was trying to upgrade a
zope 2.3.2/cmf 1.0 site to 2.6.2/1.4.2/plone2.  I ended up starting
with the old data.fs and fixing & deleting from there...

The first thing I *would* do is somehow allow objects to be imported
even if their products are broken/missing.  It has to be possible,
since you can have a data.fs containing such objects, and add/fix the
products later and the objects work.