[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] CMFSetup: some questions

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Mon Jul 19 10:36:22 EDT 2004

yuppie wrote:
> Hi!
>

> Tres Seaver wrote:
>
>> yuppie wrote:
>>
>>> Would it be ok if I
>>>
>>> 1. change permission in apcExport.xml and permissions in
>>> ticTypeExport.xml to a sequence of permission subelements and
>>

>> OK
>>
>>> 2. rename 'action_expr' to 'url_expr' and 'condition' to
>>> 'condition_expr' and
>>

>> OK.
>>
>>> 3. update the default profile with a current CMFDefault export?
>>

>> Yes.
>

> Done on yuppie-actions-cleanup-branch. Also converted actions and
> type-info parsing to DOM based parsing as in workflow.py.

Excellent.  The SAX-based parsing is a fossil, which got *way* too hard
to support when "nesting" configurations.

> Some further issues that might make sense to resolve for CMF 1.5:
>
> 1.) 'Properties' tab doesn't allow to select registered profiles

That one should be an easy fix;  we just steal the code for the <select>
widget from the add form.

> 2.) 'Snapshots' tab has an unimplemented 'Compare Snapshots' button

I have code for this (from the client project) which will need some
cleanup (it has a couple of backported Differ classes which can likely
go away, as difflib is present in the Python we care about).

> 3.) these two lists are still implemented as attributes:
>
>   ' '.join(info['roles']);
>   ','.join( info[ 'allowed_content_types' ] );

We should fix that before final release.

> 4.) there are some descriptions without an explicit description element
> that add new lines on parsing, e.g.:

Hmm, I was of two minds about that:  on one hand, adding a <description>
node to an element with no other children or text content is kind of
redundant.  On the other hand, if we can regularize the handling of that
case across *all* handlers, that might outweigh the redundancy.

> 5.) rolemap.xml and workflows.xml are not round trip save
> (export -> import -> export creates two different exports)

Those both sound like bugs, but I need more detail on reproducing them.

> 6.) Windows exports contain CR/LF, LF and even CR newlines

We may need to be opening files with the 'U' mode.

> 7.) as already discussed off-list one unittest is failing on Windows due
> to strange PageTemplateFile behavior

Yep that one is wicked, as I don't really understand how it happens.

Tres.
Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com