[Zope-CMF] Re: [Fwd: Re: DCWorkflow small glitch]

Dorneles Treméa dorneles at x3ng.com.br
Thu Jul 22 17:29:51 EDT 2004

Hi Tres,

> Shane Hathaway wrote:
>> Because that would be silly grammar. :-)  Tres' suggestion is better,
>> although I still don't know what's wrong with it.
>
> I found the syntax a bit jarring, myself;  I can imagine that a
> non-native speaker would be confused by it.
>
> BTW, multiple "or"'s in a sentence is a valid, but rarer case in
> English:  it emphasizes (pretty strongly) the alternative nature of the
> list.  In fact, I can't imagine speaking such a sentence without adding
> emPHAsis to the "or"'s.

so, just to finish this small issue (with an unnecessary growing
thread), we'll:

a) keep current behavior?: 'word1 ; word2; word3 or word4'

b) or change all ';' by 'or'?: 'word1 or word2 or word3 or word4'

All this discussion have confused me a bit... but I can commit a
'fix' for (b) if it's a consensus...

PS: Sorry for this kind of noise... :-(

Regards,

--