[Zope-CMF] Workflow question

Miles Waller miles at jamkit.com
Wed Jun 9 16:30:48 EDT 2004

Hi,

At the moment I have a simple private/publish workflow (not a
DCWorkflow, but on the filesystem).  Any user can edit anything that's
private, but once they press 'publish' it's locked: they or another user
must retract it before further changes can be made.  This all works
great, and in the workflow history you can see who retracted and
published it, and when.

However, I also want to record in the history each time the object is
changed.  So if User X edits something 5 times, then publishes it, the
history will show 5 edits and a publish.  An edit involves a call to the
object's 'edit' method, and I read in the list about how wrapping this
as a 'workflow method' could be used to do what I want, but then on the
same line how awful they were!!

So, does anyone know what the 'correct' way to go about doing this would be?

Thanks in advance,

Miles