[Zope-CMF] Re: [Plone-users] Re: problem with checkPermission or viewThreadsAtBottom?

Marc Lindahl marc at bowery.com
Fri Mar 5 17:37:05 EST 2004

On Friday, March 5, 2004, at 04:54  PM, Alexander Limi wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 21:58:44 -0500, Marc Lindahl <marc at bowery.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Is there something going on with checkPermission or
>> viewThreadsAtBottom that changed from either zope 2.6.2 to 2.7.0 or
>> from plone from 2.0RC5 to 2.0RC6?
>
> I believe some old files not used by the Plone (from the CMF) were
> removed. Maybe your product is depending on those?

Only one, which I now included in the release - content_byline.pt

Also found out the user is running CMF 1.4.3RC1.

This product works with zope 2.6.2, cmf1.4.2, plone 2.0RC5, so it's a
recent change in one of the three packages...

> Check the plone.cvs newsgroup on Gmane for exact details.

Uh, yeah.... about 165 matches for checkPermission - doesn't anyone
remember what they did?!?