[Zope-CMF] Re: Major action exhancements

Andy McKay andy at clearwind.ca
Sat Mar 6 15:14:54 EST 2004

>>      This way, actions can get arbitrary additional attributes.
>
> Do we need arbitrary additional attributes per item?

Yes so that we can stop the splurge of action like tools like Plone's
Control Panel tool to do the same job. By allowing arbitrary attributes
you extend any action anyway you like. Really an action is nothing more
than a collection of values anyway.

My personal bug bear and I one we'll probably just implement anyway is:

- make actions FS based and overrideable in the ZODB (rather like the
skins tool). This will make multiple instance deployments so much easier.

I know there is the portal setup tool that Tres has spoken about for
Boston.com, but I'm just really not enjoying my ZODB configuration
management as rants on many web sites :)
--
   Andy McKay
   ClearWind Consulting