[Zope-CMF] Re: Major action exhancements

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Sun Mar 7 09:43:18 EST 2004

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 16:46:09 -0500, Tres Seaver <tseaver at zope.com> wrote:

> Extracting that tool from the Boston.com software is likely to be my
> major contribution to CMF 1.5.  I am hopeful that I can find the day or
> so to do that by St. Patrick's day.

Yay for Tres! :)

> Here is a sample of what the action tool config looks like now:

Nice. Without knowing anything about your Boston.com tool, would this
allow us to ship "FSActions" like the other FS-based stuff in CMF - and
let the user do a "customize" on actions like they do with templates?

This would help with the #1 headache in migrations to newer versions - now
we have to poke at the actions in the ZODB and try to figure out things,
with FS-based actions, we could change them on the file system, and they
will automatically be updated if you haven't customized.

  Alexander Limi   ·   Interaction Architect   ·   Plone Solutions

  Development · Training · Support · http://www.plonesolutions.com