[Zope-CMF] CMF base tag rant

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Mar 8 13:40:18 EST 2004

Simon Eisenmann wrote at 2004-3-8 11:27 +0100:
>| Thus, a relative URL reference of the form "#fragment" refers
>| to the current document, independent of the base URI.
>|

>Hum .. this part of the rfc doesnt say anything what _is_ the current
>document. I think the base tag is used to set this one. So the browser
>should use the base uri, shouldnt it?

Section 4.2 is even clearer:

4.2. Same-document References

   A URI reference that does not contain a URI is a reference to the
   current document.  In other words, an empty URI reference within a
   document is interpreted as a reference to the start of that document,
   and a reference containing only a fragment identifier is a reference
   to the identified fragment of that document.

This makes is cystal clear, what "current document" means
and that is it independent from any base uri -- at least
in the spirit of this RFC...

--
Dieter