[Zope-CMF] [dev] exceptions (small post-permissiongeddon proposal)

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at awkly.org
Mon May 3 09:17:24 EDT 2004

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 12:52:38PM +0200, yuppie wrote:
| Hi!
|

| 1.) CMFCoreExceptions.py was never released. While it is nice to warn
| people using cvs HEAD that this module was renamed, I'd like to remove
| it completely before CMF 1.5 beta is released.
|
| 2.) Some of the exceptions defined in CMFCore/exceptions.py are only
| used in CMFDefault or packages depending on CMFDefault. I'd like to move
| these exceptions to CMFDefault.
|
| 3.) Some exceptions like DiscussionNotAllowed, MetadataError or defined
| in the related module. I'd like to move them into exceptions.py.
|

| If there are no objections or better ideas I'll make these changes in
| cvs HEAD.

-1 for #2, as I think that a thirdy party product expected to replace
CMFDefault may want to reuse the same exceptions to keep as much
compatibility as possible and avoid a dependency on CMFDefault.

--
Sidnei da Silva <sidnei at awkly.org>
http://awkly.org - dreamcatching :: making your dreams come true

Old programmers never die, they just become managers.