[Zope-CMF] Re: Re: [Plone-users] Date based snapshots

Toby Dickenson tdickenson at geminidataloggers.com
Thu May 6 05:09:17 EDT 2004

On Thursday 06 May 2004 08:29, Dylan Jay wrote:

> Sorry, I should be more verbose with my reasoning. I'm submitting a tender
> for an Australian government tender. Apprently all Aust. gov. sites have
> certain requirements with regard to auditing and tracebility. One
> requirement is to be able to view the complete state of all documents/pages
> at any date/time in the past. Another is to be able to view the differences
> on a document from how it was in a the past. Both of these seem possible by
> fiddling round with data.fs files. The requirements however are for a nice
> UI which doesn't look likely as it would mean digging into FileStorage to
> enable the dynamic mounting of a backup data.fs with the current data.fs so
> diffs can be viewed.

Some standard Zope document types have a 'history' tab. Apart from the terse
UI (which you can replace) and the fact that it doesnt contain *all* history
once the storage has been packed, would that capability satisfy you?

DirectoryStorage has the capability of storing extra history for specific
classes, designed for exactly this purpose. If you are not tied to
FileStorage check out http://dirstorage.sourceforge.net/keepclass.html

--
Toby Dickenson