[Zope-CMF] Date based snapshots

Seb Bacon seb at jamkit.com
Thu May 6 05:46:15 EDT 2004

Dylan Jay wrote:
> Sorry, I should be more verbose with my reasoning. I'm submitting a tender
> for an Australian government tender. Apprently all Aust. gov. sites have
> certain requirements with regard to auditing and tracebility. One
> requirement is to be able to view the complete state of all documents/pages
> at any date/time in the past.

I'd say either use the "History" tab as per Toby's suggestion, or take a
look at ZopeVersionControl (and possibly CMFStaging).

   http://cvs.zope.org/Products/ZopeVersionControl/

With ZopeVersionControl you can do a checkout of a document whenever you
edit it, check it in again when you've stopped editing it, revert
objects to previous states, etc.  CMFStaging also contains some nifty
code for integrating this with webdav locks.

seb