[Zope-CMF] Adding Portal Member

Ramon Aseniero ramon.aseniero at tryarc.com
Mon May 10 15:26:16 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I am having a problem where I am programmatically adding a new portal
member but the authenticated user is not an admin role but other
customer roles that I've created.

Below is the error that I got

-------------------error------------------
<li>  Module None, line 127, in createUserAccountAction<br />
<b>&lt;PythonScript at
/clubhouse/admin/createUserAccountAction&gt;</b><br />

<li>  Module Products.CMFCore.RegistrationTool, line 129, in
addMember</li>

<li>  Module Products.CMFCore.utils, line 198, in
_limitGrantedRoles</li>

</ul>Unauthorized: Too many roles specified.

r = []
r.append('Other')
portal_registration.addMember(REQUEST['username'], password,roles=r,
properties=REQUEST)

How should I add a new portal member?

Thanks,
Ramon