[Zope-CMF] Is unmodified CMF useless? Some Plone questions.

Andreas Jung andreas at andreas-jung.com
Tue May 11 05:16:58 EDT 2004

--On Dienstag, 11. Mai 2004 19:07 Uhr +1000 "Peter Shute (NUW)"
<pshute at nuw.org.au> wrote:

> 1. I don't quite understand the relationship between CMF and Plone.
> They're both Zope products, but is Plone dependent on CMF or the other
> way around?

CMF is as the name says as framework but not an out-of-the-box CMS .
Plone is an out-of-the-box CMS build on top of CMF

> 2. Does this mailing list cover Plone as well as CMF, or is there a more
> appropriate one?  I couldn't see one on the Zope site.

No, see plone.org for related Plone resources.

> 3. I installed the latest CMF, then uninstalled it before installing
> Plone, because I noticed that it came with CMF.  Am I now running an
> older version of CMF, and if so what happens if I upgrade it?

The  requirements for notes are clearly documented in several sections on
plone.org.

-aj