[Zope-CMF] Re: Permission Denied

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Tue May 11 12:26:58 EDT 2004

Ramon Aseniero wrote:

> I am getting this error everywhere on the site
>
> Error Type: IOError
> Error Value: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
> '/var/lib/zope/instance/default/var/Data.fs.index.index_tmp'
>
> What is the cause of it and how can I fix it?

Most likely your 'var' directory is owned by root, or a user other than
the one as whom Zope is running.   Assuming that user is 'zope', then:

   $ su -
   # chown -R zope.zope /var/lib/zope/instance/devault/var

should fix it.  That directory, and the one where logs are written (if
different) is the only thing the daemon-running user needs to own.

Tres.
Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com