[Zope-CMF] 'portal_membership.getMemberById' became inaccessible

Kari-Hans Kommonen khk at uiah.fi
Sat May 22 14:36:58 EDT 2004

we are running a cmf site and suddenly noticed that anywhere we use

  member = context.portal_membership.getMemberById( x )

we are redirected to login apparently because of insufficient rights,
regardless of who the current user is. Also, we usually call it in a
script that has a 'Manager' proxy role, so it should always have
adequate access rights.

We just noticed this change in behaviour, and we have not knowingly
done anything to the site. Restarts do not change the situation, and
the member data seems valid and is still available through other,
nonprivileged calls, and through external code.

What could be the reason? How to debug this?

TIA, khk