[Zope-CMF] [dev] OrderSupport and Skin changes

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Mon May 31 12:03:24 EDT 2004

Hi!

7 weeks ago I added OrderSupport.py and IOrderSupport.py to CMFCore
HEAD. Meanwhile CMF HEAD depends on Zope >= 2.7.0 and most of the
OrderSupport API we need is included in Zope 2.7.0. Zope 2.7.1 has a
small extension to this API that allows to ignore hidden sub-objects
like the tools in CMF. While I believe this is an useful feature, I
don't think it's worth to maintain a copy of the Zope 2.7.1 OrderSupport
API in CMF for overriding the Zope 2.7.0 behavior.

Proposals:

1) remove OrderSupport.py and IOrderSupport.py again

2) fall back to the Zope 2.7.0 API in the skin methods if the
'subset_ids' argument is not available

Currently (in CMF HEAD) all the logic for 'folder_contents' is in
'folder_contents_control.py'. That file is too big and hard to customize.

Proposals:

3) factor out again (similar to CMF 1.4) 'folder_copy.py',
'folder_cut.py', 'folder_delete.py', 'folder_paste.py' and
'folder_rename.py', adding new files in skins/zpt_control

4) add new files 'folder_bottom.py', 'folder_down.py', 'folder_sort.py',
'folder_top.py' and 'folder_up.py' for OrderSupport related buttons to
skins/zpt_control

'index_html' currently doesn't show the selected order of the
sub_objects. It is split into the 3 categories content, links and folders.

Proposal:

5) remove all categories, show sub_objects in the selected order

If there are no objects I'll soon check in these changes.

Cheers,
	Yuppie